The Under 13’s are currently our youngest Junior group.
We are now building on the concepts learned in the younger age groups:-
- Scrums are now contested and consist of 6 players from each team
- Rucks and mauls have no limit on players involved
- Kicking is allowed, including flyhack
- Fending off is allowed below arm pit level
The Under 13’s train and play competitively against teams of similar abilities.
Matches are played by teams of up to 13 players and are played in 25 minute blocks.
A typical match day would consist of the following:-
- 10 minute meet and organise
- 20 minute warm up
- 2 x 25 minute matches with 5 minute interval
- 5 minute end of match team talk with the coach
- Then back to the clubhouse for some nice hot food
If your child is in Year 8 at secondary school and would like to try rugby then please get in touch.
The Under 13’s train each Sunday from 10:30am – 12:00pm every Sunday