At Under 10/11 we build on the technical aspects of tackling learned at Under 9.
New techniques including scrums, rucks and mauls are brought into the game to stretch and challenge players.
- A scrum is a way of restarting the game after a stoppage
- A ruck is a contest for the ball after a tackle
- A maul is when someone is held but not tackled and additional players try to move the player, and ball, further forward
Our Under 10/11s train, and play competitively, in a fun and safe environment.
Matches consist of teams of up to 9 players and is played in 15-20 minute blocks
A typical match day will consist of the following:-
- 15 – 20 minute warm up and organise
- 3 x 20 minute matches, with a short interval in between
- 5 minute end of match chat with the coach before heading to the clubhouse for some hot food
If your child is in Years 5 or 6 at school and is interested in giving rugby a try then please come along to one of our training sessions with no obligations.
Training is every Sunday from 10.30am to 12.00pm